Monday, August 27, 2012

{Blog Critique-MrsJackOfAllTradesDaily}

Monday, August 27, 2012

Looking for our weekly blog hop? Click Here
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ever wonder what others think about your blog? I know I do and so does one of our curious reader: Meet Ida of Mrs Jack Of All Trades Daily- Where Fashion and Food Collide. Cute! Love the Description. =) Mrs Jack of All Trades Daily is a fashion and lifestyle blog that features 3 outfit posts and 1 recipe post weekly. Oh and be sure to check out her bag collection! Trust me, you don't want to miss it. Want to know the reason behind her blog name? See why here.

After reviewing her blog, here's what I like:
-Love her food posts. Yes, that's her pasta dish to the right. Does that look yummy or what?!! I definitely have to try her recipes.
-Love her style! Her pictures are very clear and beautiful.
-Great 'About Me' Page
-Layout- clean and simple
-Like the 'Popular Posts' list

Here's what I think she can improve on:
-It'd be nice to have links to the actual product/item instead of just listing out where we can find it... If the item is no longer available then show us an aternative. I don't want to have to go to (ex.) forever 21 and search for the item. Makes sense?
-This is just a personal perference- I like the page labels at the very top of the page (horizontal).
-Banner- can use some work. It's too simple.


Overall, I really like her blog. So glad I stumbled upon it. :) Hmm, but that's all I can think of. What are your thoughts? Please let Ida of MrsJackOfAllTradesDaily know by leaving a comment below. As always, constructive criticism is welcome.. =)

7 comments:

  1. I think its a great blog. Aesthetically pleasing to look at and great recipes. I followed her blog. I love great fashion and food blogs.

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you BlogLove for the much needed constructive criticism,, will look into the lacking, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly I like everything about the design. A personalized banner would be a nice touch but it's not a deal breaker either way. It's clean and easy on the eyes. To put more of a focal point on certain pictures you could try adding in text layers and labels to them with a ps program if you have one, that would help create more visual interest but again not a necessity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashley..I understand what you are saying but I don't think I have this program. I am looking into the banner bit and hopefully I will be able to create something decent, soon ;D Thanks so much again for your comment!

      Delete
  4. Mrs C is one of my fav blogs ever, love that she is featured!

    How do I submit my blog for critique ? I'm feeling brave, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacie,

      Please email a brief description of your blog to bloglovetherapy@gmail.com- The description should include: what is your blog about? When was it started? Just what you would like others to know about you and your blog.

      Let me know if you have any questions. =)

      Delete
  5. I love Mrs. C! She has an amazing blog, love her handbags, and the food is always delicious :)

    ReplyDelete