Monday, July 16, 2012

{Blog Critique-DianaLuv}

Monday, July 16, 2012
Looking for the weekly blog hop? Click Here

Ever wonder what others think about your blog? I know I do and so does one of our curious reader: Diana of DianaLuv.  Diana started her blog so she could share her passion for beauty. On her blog you'll find product reviews, swatches, and tutorials.

So after reviewing her blog, here's what I like:
-Banner. It is gorgeous
-Layout and color- very fun, bright and inviting
-Page labels are great.
-Great 'About Me' section- Love the picture as well -- a black and white photo with a splash of color. Love it
-Great tutorials.  They are very informative
-Great Blog Button

Here's what I think she can improve on:
-If possible, should include videos. Some tutorials are easier to follow via video than text.
-Should include product links... that way if a reader likes something they can just click on it vs having to google it.
-This is just my personal opinion- I don't think you need the "What I blog about" section down at the bottom of the page. No one reads it. Instead of listing it this way, why don't you list it as topics-- Example:Tutorials, favorites, swatches, etc and they can go from there.
-Put 'Popular post' on the right side bar instead of at the bottom of the page.
-You can shorten some of the post by adding the "Read More" page break. It'd not only make your page look clean, but will also make it easier and faster to get to the bottom of the page.

Hmm, that's all I can think of. What are your thoughts? Please let Diana know by leaving a comment below.  As always, constructive criticism is welcome. =) 
---------------------------------------------------------------
Ever wonder what others think about your blog, website, product, etc? Well, now you can. If you are interested and would like your blog, website, or product critiqued by our readers, please send a brief description of your blog/product to bloglovetherapy@gmail.com. ATTN: Critique.

5 comments:

  1. It may only be me, but I prefer to not have the 'read me' because there is more page loading involved.
    Also, if you want to read multiple posts on the home page you have to click 6 or so times to read them all instead of just staying on the one page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Andrea above I don't like the read more to be honest. It's annoying and unless it's an extremely long I find it unneccessary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New Follower from: http://www.cuponesahorrosymas.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hate the read more! it's so annoying to me! great tips though, cute blog :)

    www.sultanassanctuary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hm, that's really good to know. Love hearing other opinions. So do you guys find it annoying when you have to click 'read more' on my page?

    ReplyDelete