Monday, June 18, 2012

{Blog Critique-Daily Dose of Handmade}

Monday, June 18, 2012
Looking for our weekly blog hop? Click Here
Don't forget to visit our other blog critique for the week: Click Here

----------------------------------------
Ever wonder what others think about your blog? I know I do and so does two of our curious reader: Julie and Cylene of Daily Dose of Handmade. Julie and Cylene started their site to help promote small businesses and Ma & Pa shops. I think it's amazing what they're doing. Anywho, you can read more about them here.

After reviewing their blog,
Here's what I like:
-Cute blog name
-Love what they do
-Cute layout and colors. It's clean, colorful, and inviting.
-Like the Page Tabs at the top
-Great About Me page. Very informative. I love that!!
-Cute badge icon.
-Love the 'What Featured Shops Are Saying" section.
-Love the color of the banner, but see below.

Here's what I think they can improve on:
-Banner color is cute, however I feel like it is missing something..Maybe it's too simple? Play around with the font or try adding a picture and/or icon. 
-Is twitter the only place to follow you? What about facebook, pinterest, instagram?? Add follow buttons/icons.
-Work on the layout of the daily post/feature so there isn't so much white space.
-Perhaps you could add a 'Contact' tab or list your contact info on the front page. Some readers will be annoyed that they have to go through many different tabs to find your contact info. Make it easy for them to find you!
 
Hmm, I can't think of anything else. Do you have any advice of suggestions for Julie and Cylene? Let them know by leaving a comment below. We would love to hear your thoughts. As always, constructive criticism is welcome. =) 

---------------------------------------------------------------
Ever wonder what others think about your blog, website, product, etc? Well, now you can. If you are interested and would like your blog, website, or product critiqued by our readers, please send a brief description of your blog/product to bloglovetherapy@gmail.com. ATTN: Critique.

5 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the blog! I found the layout to be really neat and easy to read, but i agree on the banner needing it to match the creativity of the blogger and her work!
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My two cents on Daily Dose of Handmade:
    Here's what I like:
    - Pretty much everything, I can't say anything about the layout because it is very neat and organized and I like it a lot. The posts are easy to read and have a lot of pictures, which is very nice.

    What I don't like:
    - I believe there's always room for improvement so the only things I'm going to criticize are the head banner, it looks too plain, the blog layout and posts content are great and the banner should reflect that; I like the tabs, but the font... I suggest change it to a sans-serif; and I also suggest starting sentences with capital letters, it is grammatically incorrect to do otherwise, I can understand if that's a personal preference, though.

    Best of luck for Julie and Cylene with their blog ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so thankful for these critiques!!! Thank you everyone and we are always open to suggestions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog! It's such a great idea. I like the clean page and readability of the blog. The only thing I would change is the header. It rather plain and somewhat out of place with regards to the rest of the blog theme. Other than that looks great!

    www.ashleyudoh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the simplicity of her blog. :) it's pure and clean. :)

    have a great week, m!
    xoxo
    jasmine
    AdamAlexMommy

    ReplyDelete